Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday, and THEN...


i'm actually glad it has been grey most of today. in fact, i kinda wish we had gotten the heavy rains that were predicted. Good Friday has always been a rather dismal and emotional day for me, so i really prefer that the weather match my mood. i get choked up when i think of the suffering, the terrible suffering, the dreadful, awful suffering that Jesus endured so that i wouldn't have to. the crucifixion seems even more real to me this year, since i went to the Easter production that was so professionally enacted by volunteers of my church. check out the incredible photos of past productions at their website here.

it is one thing to read about the crucifixion and resurrection in my Bible, and another, to see a film about it. but when i saw it presented LIVE, it took on even MORE meaning. incredible meaning! and some of the scenes have stayed with me so that when i close my eyes, i can visualize what i saw on the stage.

it is such a shame that stores have changed (most) holidays into nothing but SALE days. Easter is NOT about buy-one-get-one-half-off. look beyond good friday to the marvel of EASTER! it is the miracle of a resurrected, living Saviour! have a blessed resurrection day! JESUS IS ALIVE! JOY, JOY, JOY!

Tech Tags:

No comments: