Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ponderings

One of the settings on my google home-page is Things to Ponder. Some of them are pretty funny, like: if a cow laughs does milk come out its nose? In my Daily Prayer book this morning, the reference was Psalm 111. In verse 2 (NLT) it says, "How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in Him should ponder them." Ahhh, now THERE is something WORTH pondering!

Such an amazing deed is our new grandson born just 20 hours ago! I held this "amazing deed of our Lord" last night and marveled just in looking at his beautiful face, feeling his warm little body next to my heart. We placed him back in the arms of his mother, and as my husband and I left, we both repeated aloud, "Thank God, thank God." We pondered, and ponder still: what JOY it is to be blessed with our 4 children and 6 grandchildren! Thank You, Lord!

No comments: